1. Read a nice book. Reading has been proved to lift your mood and release endorphins. Who doesn’t like to be immersed in a make-believe world? Pass me the cuppa…..
2. Look through some old photos. It’s amazing how much we change over the years, and surprisingly, how much we forget. Re-visit those special moments with friends and family and notice how many of those places really lit you up inside. Travel through your memory, rather than through the rain!
3. Study something. How many times have you thought to yourself, “I’d love to learn a language” or “If only I had the time to do a short course”? In this app-happy world of free apps on smart phones, tablets and PCs there really is no excuse not to exercise that brain and grow your knowledge. Apreciar!
4. Research some walks to do (for when the weather changes.) What’s the one thing we all do at work when the sun is shining outside? We dream of being outside, enjoying it! Get out the maps, and plan some beautiful places to walk when the sun has got his hat back on. Hip, hip, hip, hooray!
5. Cook or bake something. I’m not sure if it’s the smell of fresh bread and scones baking in the oven that most appeals to me on a rainy day, or the sound of the rain hitting the window as I curl up under a blanket and tuck in to the warm, doughy goodness. Mmm, yummy!
6. Re-arrange & sort those cupboards! I heard you say you wanted to sort out the clutter the other day, so why are you pulling a face? Let’s get minimal! Be honest, how much of that stuff do you really need or even desire? If it doesn’t give you joy to use it or look at it… you know what to do.
7. Catch up with friends & family on the phone or video screen. It’s lovely to hear from someone who makes you laugh and checks in with you on how you are doing. Catching up with those we care about can be a really enjoyable past-time, even if it’s just to prioritise a time to see each other next. There’s no better time to reach out and ask how they’re doing.
8. Clean and pamper yourself. Whether it’s a five minute shower and shave, or a long, hot soak in the bath with candles and incense, or trimming the beard and giving it the attention it deserves (or moisturising and painting those slightly neglected toenails of yours), give yourself the attention to look good and feel great.
9. Watch some really good TV or a favourite feel good film. I can practically hear the sigh of relief in your breathing. Yes, it’s raining outside. You finally have permission. Why not quit the rat race for a day, grab the duvet, queue up the faves on AmazingNowFlix and relax into a toddler-style meltball of blissification?
10. Plan your next holiday, now. Ooh, now that’s an idea. Earn yourself some real brownie points by planning a holiday of perfection. Save yourself money and stress by researching the locations and venue reviews from other travellers well in advance. Also, get a handy app to see what flights or travel are cheap and when. That way, all you need to do is pack your sunnies and relish all the good vibes you get from such an easy, enjoyable & affordable experience from start to finish.
Did you find this helpful? Share it if you wanna spread the love to someone in a rainy place! 🙂